Photos must be taken between the dates listed for the particular contest time frame , and must be taken of, and at, the Oak Alley Plantation property. Photos must be submitted by midnight on the deadline submission date. Results will be announced within 30 days of the end of the contest.
Who may enter:
Open to all ages and all countries. Participants aged 17 and under must have a parent or guardian submit their photograph(s) on their behalf. Employees and their families of Oak Alley Foundation as well as Oak Alley Plantation, Restaurant & Inn may submit their images but are not eligible to win.
What to enter:
- Each participant may submit a maximum of four (4) photographs. (Submit each file at the highest resolution that you can.) Each photographer can only win in one category, as determined by the judges.
- Photographs must not contain any watermarks, signatures, logos, or the name of the photograph on the image itself or they will be disqualified from the contest.
- As photography is not permitted inside the mansion exhibit, any photos submitted that show the inside of the “Big House” will be disqualified. Any photographs obtained using a drone will also be disqualified. Drones are strictly prohibited.
- All photographs must be the original artwork of, and must be the sole property of, the submitter.
- Any photograph that contains nudity, violence, obscenity, profanity, hate speech, pornography or anything considered by Oak Alley Foundation to be offensive in nature will be rejected. Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to reject any entry without cause.
- All photographs remain property of photographer. Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to use photographs in connection with this contest, for educational purposes, and in Oak Alley Plantation marketing, without payment and in perpetuity around the world. Oak Alley agrees not sell your photograph as artwork or as part of any item.
- All photographs must be submitted electronically. Send in the highest resolution possible. All images must be submitted in a jpg format only.
- Oak Alley Foundation is not responsible for mis-delivered or lost photographs.
- Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to include the photograph in an eBook. eBook may be given away or used as a fund raising program for Oak Alley Foundation.
- Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to modify the terms of this contest at any time, and without notice.
- Judges will be looking for high quality photographs that capture Oak Alley Plantation at its finest.
- Judges reserve the right to move photographs to other categories if they feel that category is more appropriate for a particular image.
- All decisions by judges will be final.