Date of birth:
Baptism Date and Sponsors:
April 4, 1847; Sponsors: Janvier (slave) and Jeanne (slave)
Place of Origin:
Oak Alley (Creole)
Gender and Designation:
Age 12 (R5.081)
- Slave baptism records, Archdiocese of Baton Rogue
- St. James Catholic Church, St. James Parish, Louisiana
- Item no. 6; Page no. 61; Entry no. 15
- Lists Marie as Magdeline's mother
- Bill of Sale, New Orleans Notarial Archives, Felix Grima, v46 act 175
- Purchase price: $1,575
- Lists Magdeline as a domestic and "negro"
* Denotes estimated date based on available records.