- Please allow at least 2 hours for visit to explore all exhibits, conversation series, and guided tour of Big House.
- Your experience begins when you purchase your ticket to the plantation, the guided portion of the "Big House" normally starts on the hour and half hour.
- Service animals are permitted throughout the property. Sorry, no other pets are permitted.
- Photography for personal use is permitted throughout the property.
- Although video photography is NOT permitted in the Big House exhibit, visitors are welcome to video all other exhibits and highlighted points of interest on the historic grounds.
- Baby strollers are allowed on the grounds and in all exhibits with the exception of the "Big House". Our staff will show you where to store them during your visit inside the “Big House.”
- Basic wheelchairs and motorized wheelchairs are permitted, but are not allowed on the second floor.
- All exhibits are handicapped accessible. One exception is the second floor of the Big House exhibit. For guests unable to climb the 22 stairs, an iPad tour is available in the media room. Please note that due to limited seating, we ask this be reserved for guests who are unable to make it to the second floor.
- Electronic devices must be turned off and cell phones muted while on tour.
- As a courtesy to fellow visitors, parents of active or restless children are asked to take turns touring the Big House.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking between exhibits.
- The use of drones is not permitted on the property.
- Restaurant located adjacent to the plantation.
- Picnics are not permitted on the historic grounds but picnic tables are available on the grounds adjacent to the parking lot. Large groups wanting dining options should contact the sales department.
- We ask that our visitors help us preserve this landmark and throw all trash in designated areas located and identified throughout the property.
Tips for Your Visit
Oak Alley Plantation is a AAA Gem. Attractions distinguished with the Gem Designation are judged to be of exceptional interest and quality by AAA's professional evaluators. Read more about the Gem Designation.